Live and Let Die
A review by Mike Shea Movie Rating: (
* * · · · )
DVD Rating: ( * * * * · )
Buy Live and Let Die from Amazon.com
The first of the seven James Bond movies in the big DVD pack. I grew up watching two James Bond movies over and over again, this one and For Your Eyes Only. Frankly this is the worse of the two, but still not a bad movie. Accepting James Bond into your life means realizing that there is a set template for every one of his movies and only the details change. True fans look forward to the template, only caring that the details change. Live and Let Die has the following attributes:
- Love Interest: Two including a very attractive black woman (hopefully to stave off the fact that every bad guy is black) who dies and a tarot card dealer (white) who lives.
- Crazy chase scene vehicle:Big crazy double decker bus (man can that thing turn!).
- M Gadget: Magnetic watch / buzz saw. Can selectively pull a metal or lead object without disturbing any other metal object. Great for womens zippers, compressed air, etc.
- Evil Henchman: Claw, a 7 foot smiling beast with a metallic arm, claw and a great suit.
- Life threat: Sharks and crocks (BORING).
The DVD is not bad at all. It has a 16x9 enhanced transfer, a directors commentary, a making of feature and a dolby pro-logic soundtrack. Overall, one of the weaker Bond films with the overdone black stereotype and the lack of any real feeling. Still, it is Bond, and therefore rocks.