Tomorrow Never Dies
A review by Mike Shea Movie Rating: (
* * · · · )
DVD Rating: ( * * * * * )
Buy Tomorrow Never Dies from Amazon.com
I hated this movie the first time I watched it, but after seeing some of the older James Bond films, it is not as bad as I first thought. It has that same campy James Bond style, and only lacks the good bad guy thugs (Why cant we have another Jaws or Oddjob?). It isnt as good as The Spy Who Loved Me or For Your Eyes Only, but it is certainly better than Diamonds are Forever. Heres the Bond profile:
- Love Interest: That chick from the Superman TV show (nice garders!) and an asian special agent who may kick more ass than Bond does (maybe not).
- Crazy Chase Scene Vehicle: A motercycle but with a handcuffed asian chick (see above) riding in front.
- M Gadget: A PDA Cell Phone that controls a car. Man, it is hard enough playing a car with a video game, imagine a stylus.
- Evil Henchman: Some over maked-up Swede. Man, what dance runway did they dig this guy out of.
- Life Threat: ummmmmmmm. I dont remember.
I bought the special edition of the disc which has a higher price tag (about $35 MSRP, but I got it for $20 from Amazon). It contains a plethora of features and extras from special effects shots, twin directors commentaries, a Sheryl Crow music video, a multi angle storyboard, deleted scenes and more. The disc is Anamorphic and Dolby Digital 5.1. If you can get it for about $25 it is a must have.