LiquidTheater To Do
written by Mike Shea on
19 March 2000
: Here is the current task list for the site.
- Dynamically create metadata for summary tag
- Use xml tagging for actor, movie and review within each movie review.
- Associated Links should be called as a module, not hard coded.
- Fix multi user administration.
- Fix bozolist and administrator logging.
- Do some honest to God Usability Testing.
- Revamp old crappy reviews. Make them longer, add links, add images.
Yep, I actually make progress sometimes.
- Image upload form added to admin. May 1st 2002
- Add a "drafts" option to articles and reviews. May 1st 2002
- Combined articles and editorials. April 30th.
- Fix the administration key. (Now using PHP Sessions 5-1-2002)
- Write a function to strip out bad HTML tags but leave in good ones. Use this until Pair gets off their ass and upgrades PHP so I can do the strip_tags() function.
- Rethink the homepage layout. Why are there articles and editorials? What is the difference?Where do I stick "hot" documents? How can I break away from tables? (Done 8 April 2001
- Work towards a single version of the site that supports all browsers as well as alternate devices. Get rid of portable version. (done 4 April 2001)
- Move most of the page layout and design to the css file. Begin supporting HTML 4.0, CSS 2.0 as the base line, ignoring Netscape 4.x. (Moved to XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS 2.0 validated March 2001)
- Add a summary and a year to the movie reviews to facilitate transfer to other sites and a better IMDB query. (IMDB Link added to fields, keywords now supports summary, Jan 2001)
- Go back to affiliates. Paypal sucks ass. (done by Jan 2001)
- Validate and change DTD for portable version to XHTML Basic (Done 1/15/2001).
- Make DVD Reviews page sortable by movie rating and DVD rating. (done 10/9/2000)
- Fix the internal links in the portable version to link to the other portable version. Replace review.php3 to review_p.php3 for example. (done 10/9/2000)
- Integrate or switch to the atomz.com search engine. (done 10/9/2000)
- Add IP to the forum and comments sections, also to hyperlinks. (done 10/9/2000)
- Implement 1 click banning to the admin pages (done 10/9/2000)
- Auto-link the audio decoding article to the DVD Reviews. (done 10/9/2000)
- Fix cookie bug. Cookie is getting passed after the header is sent. (done sometime in August 2000
- Built a seperate parameters file. No more breaking the production site because I forgot to modify the main library with the right server settings. Broke cookies unfortunatly.
- Fix the portable version. It is getting comments from the mikeshea.net sites. (Done 7/31/00)
- Handle editorials like the DVD reviews with an article count and an extra link to the full list. (done 6/11/2000)
- Add a text blob to say what the hell kind of site this is. Do the same for the title tag. (done 6/11/2000)
- Set up automatic linking of "16x9 enhanced"
to an editorial about 16x9 enhancement, do the same for Dolby Digital. (done for 16x9 6/11/2000)
- Add the related links to the reviews and the editorials. Currently works on articles. (done 6/07/2000)
- Add a cookie for author?s email address (Done but causes problems with IE)
- Look into a summary for the news like Slashdot has. (done)
- Fix admin so that it passes as cgi var instead of cookie (done).
- Fix up the portable version with rankings on the DVD reviews (done).
- Set up multiple authors and user accounts (done).
- Validate properly on admin key (done)
- Fix up the articles so they are XHTML 1.0 compliant and use the associated links correctly.(done)
- Get the domain transferred to the new host, Pair.Com.(done)
- Build a dynamic related links box for articles that auto-populates with any hyperlinked word in the article itself. Also stolen from slashdot. (done)
- Use the H tags properly for use in other browser types (audio, portable, search engines) and use a proper stylesheet for them. (done)
- Test the site with as many browsers as possible. Check IE 4.0+ and Netscape 4.0+ on Windows 98; Netscape 4.0+, Mozilla, and Lynx on Linux; Avant Go on Palm.
- Put in some kind of author permission system so that I can get other news and review authors on board
- Wrote better review page. Now scales a bit better (shows fifty reviews at a time). Still no listing for what the ratings mean. Not sure if it is necessary.
- Fixed weird user account problems. It now doesn?t force the name or email you first used if you change your mind later.
- Build a text based version taylored for portable systems and VERY low end browsers. (done)
- Add queries against all the places the CF version went to (imdb, pricewatch, etc) (done)
- Build a search engine for the whole site (done)
If you enjoy this article, please consider bookmarking this link to purchase anything from Amazon.com